1 Signature Laurel Art   

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Art of Cuisine

I was perusing the Dollar Book Store when my eyes spotted a gem!  'The Art of Cuisine' by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec and his childhood friend Maurice Joyant, who put together Lautrec's recipes after he died.   Every page is filled with Lautrec's art, along with all his very own recipes that he invented.  He thought of cuisine as an artistic expression, and I agree!


 Since I cook a lot, I always want to share the beautiful dishes I make, but I don't want this to be a food blog, so with Lautrec in mind this time, I offer my plate of Red Velvet Cupcakes as my artistic expression this week!  They're just too pretty and yummy not to share. (Paula Deen's Recipe)


If you can get the book, I highly recommend it, if only for the art!  I can't wait to make something from it... Sheep's trotters poulette and Boar's Head? or how about Grilled shad on a bed of young sorrel?
Adieu! -Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy my Art Here:

Get creative on redbubble.com